Ahhh... So long didn't blog already. Let's see... on the 9th, I went to CSL Methodist Children's Home with my GESL group to carry out our first day on the project. Me, Nettie and Annu were lost in the area... because the taxi driver was clueless and so were we. And it was a one-way street, so if you enter and turn into the wrong road, you gotta go one big round and try your luck again. Haha! However, we found our way there! Weehee! And the taxi driver didn't charge us as much... so sweet~ It was fun there.. I was a little intimidated by the children. And after Joel [in-charge] told us that the kids could get a little rowdy, and he asked for our patience, I was scared. Haha! But it was fun fun fun! I got my own group of 4 girls. Hui Xian helped me take care of this girl who refused to be called anything but Attila. It's not even her name! haha! Oh, there's ahmay and two other girls whose names I forgot. I'm sorry. Haha! Anyway... my group did Winnie The Pooh pebbles! Attila did a rat... which looked ... quirky. But a rat nonetheless. Haha! They were so sweet! Ahmay was doing it for her mom and she wanted it to be pretty. She saw mine and wanted me to do for her. Well... let's no go into details of how I felt. She was doing it for her MOM! Gosh... and her parents are gg thru a divorce.. T.T
Anyway... the session ended pretty OK. Some funny moments.. like when.. someone tried to get the children's attention by shouting... but it was like a SQUEAK. Dzul, Charlene and I were laughing away... Oh and Attila went around pronouncing our names.. it was funny! And there's this boy with headphones on.. he is a great artist! Some of the volunteers weren't helpful at all. They were disturbing the children. Grrr! And one of the guys, a volunteer, kept disturbing my girls so I had to tell him off. "Maybe you'd like to help instead?" *sweet smile* *a little toughness with lots of sweetness in the tone* HAHA! And he stopped irritating my girls. Yay!
Annu, Nettie, Jessica and I rode back to AMK in Dzul's car [our turn!]. Annu got greatly disturbed by lameness. Woohoo! Haha! I don't know why.. but I was lame la.. Keke! "Go NTUC buy..." SALARY! ok never mind.. And Dzul listens to Barbie Girl!! So tak kena! Haha!