Second day of Orientation. Met Jan again. The first part of the day was boring. Seriously. There was a talk on LIBRIS. Taught us how to access the e-books, e-journals, cataloging.. yada yada. The great things -OMG JASMINE STILL IN THE COMPETITION?!?- Lol.. wth lah.. nvm emilee that cheena-ish gal is out. Lala~ Oh yeah.. uhm.. I forgot what I wanted to type. Made more friends. Ivy is a 26 yr old gal in the same course as me. There's another who is Jan's friend. She's taking the Chinese course. Had an uber long break. We ate in the Rainforest =) MONKEY! Anyway.. the food's really cheap. Ehh.. registered for my modules. Man.. free internet service without having to book the computers. Erm.. basically the entire campus is under a wireless connection. What else.. slacked in the Cafe. Drank Hazelnut latte. Yummy!! Matches up to Coffee Bean. Well.. almost. Haha! And their TIRAMISU CAKE! Argh! Their BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE! -mouth watering-
There's a lounge behing the cafe. We thought we had to book it to use it. Seems like we don't. But you can book 2 days in advance if your grp's big. Plasma TV with dvd players etc. Oh.. there's the SMART room. We use the latest Smart board. If you read the news you'd know what that is. We have the latest technology that are introduced to schools. That's a plus. I LOVE TECHNOLOGY! There was the talk that touched on whether we were illegal immigrants into the digitalised world.. or whether we were Digital Natives. I guess the older ones are illegal immigrants. Ok I'm stereotyping.. but they were the ones who were furiously scribbling down step-by-step guides in how to use the online library system. Hoo hoo!
Ahh!! I know what club I wanna join! SLC SLC!! GOGO SLC! It's the Service-Learning Club. We help the local community and we also go overseas for YEP. I'm signing up for the Lepcha Village YEP at the end of the year. Hope I get in.
Had a good laugh at the end of the day. Really entertaining clowns took the stage. They're from ACIS. I think that's the acronym. Funny buncha loonies.
I'm in the lucky batch 'cos the 2 million dollar Student Hub will officially open in August. Go there to SLAAACK! HooO!!~ And maybe if I study hard enough I can cross over. Yea! I wanna enrol myself in SLC! Tmr's gonna be my GESL team bonding. Go GROUP 10! WHOO!!