Watched King Kong last night. Yes..again.. And I cried...again. Actually, I told myself not to cry for that ape a third time. Funny, but, I think I practically bawled throughout the show. Even in the slower, lighter moments of the movie, I cried. So I wondered...why did I cry? What was it about the movie that made me so touched? Could it be the cinematography? The plot? The powerful direction? Maybe even the landscapes... And I decided it was all that.
For example, the scene where Ann and Kong's silhouette is outlined against a setting sun. The first time, it was a friendship, pure and true, forged between man and beast. The second time, on the building, we find that this friendship, maybe even a hint of love, is broken.
I find Kong really cute in a way. The way he throws tantrums, laughs, has fun sliding on the ice... He doesn't seem like a beast at all. More of an overgrown friend in need of a companion.
They said that beauty killed the beast. I think it saved him. Kong lives like "a king from where he came". Even kings get lonely sometimes. It's nice to die, knowing you finally got what you wanted. Kong wanted a companion, and to glance upon beauty amid dreary landscapes. And I think he'd rather die, than live without Ann. In a way, part of Ann dies as well...
Shucks... I'm getting sentimental. The funny thing is... I watched some Stephen Chow movie on Ch8 after King Kong and was laughing like crazy. -.-
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* un mois Love ages like wine... =) Nah give you poem =X You are Perfect! Round or square No difference to me So hot you melt Me to my toes Bedazzle me with Your aroma And the gifts You are holding Dividing yourself In so many ways For me you are here Just to please With you I can never Get enough 'Cause man Do I ever Love pizza!! [[wahahahaha]]