Lol... Rihanna sang that. Or was it Rhianna.. Whatever. On Wednesday I had to stay in the kitchen like a trapped animal. My mother was cooking up a feast for her boss' brithday today... And had me help her with the preparation on Wed.. So, I had to peel ONIONS [why...why...why], garlic... de-skin [lol I don't know the term ok..] kunyit, ginger, lengkuas. OMG! Yes..Lynn remembers all the names of the seasoning stuff. Stuff. My fingers are now stained yellow because of the kunyit. What's the term in English? I don't know and don't care. By the way, some of you may be thinking... "So what? Just a lil bit of work" NOT if it's plate after plate of those stuff. I don't mind garlic.. BUT ONIONS! I remembered once... I put on goggles [yes, those you use for swimming] when I had to smash the onions. There's the ELECTRONIC blender, but my mom said "No. It tastes different if you smash them". Had to use the heavy stone bowl + smashing thingy... thingy [haha! MY VOCAB OMG!!!].
My mom kept making sarcastic remarks: "Lynn I know you can cook. But I think ah.. you want to cook dinner must start at 6 am. If not ah... I think your family starve already." "If you kena my mother ah.. you would get beaten up already" [Okay I thank God for taking her away and not letting her meet me.] "You chopping or sayang-ing the onions??" "You see la... People who don't stay in the kitchen are inexperienced. I know you can do.. but it's how FAST you do it." I'm scared of the knife laaa!!! Haha. I'm very careful when peeling or chopping stuff. Aha! Not de-skin!! PEELING! >.< -sigh- P.S.: I'm handling the food mommy. I can at anytime decide to put an extra "pinch" of salt or an extra "dash" of pepper. And you know that I could never estimate properly. =)
In conclusion, I'm not made for the kitchen. But!! I can cook + bake. Just take a longer time. Don't play play ah.