Argh. Frustration. When can I see eye to eye with my parents? [no poking fun at height]
It's like that time in Sec 3, when I could go to NZ for an International camp. My mother did not want me to go. But I wanted to go. Ok, maybe I had no right back then, since she's paying for the trip. And maybe I was a little young to be some place out of Singapore for 2 weeks with mainly only one close friend. BUT!! Now?! It's like, I will never have a say over what I want to do in my life. Never mind them psycho-ing me into NIE [this I want for myself], but my own personal life is getting controlled!
Ok, let me see from their pov, before jumping to conclusions. Am I young? Well, youngest in the family and I'm a girl. So thay could be why they are protective. 18 years on earth, with 12 years spent goo goo gaga-ing, playing, playing and playing. So I'm not exactly the most experienced person on Earth. But hey! I did achieve stuff that I'm pretty proud of. Stuff that taught me how to take care of myself.
Give me some credit... I do stuff behind your backs since I was a little girl BECAUSE I don't get to do them when you know about it! Argh!!!! Yes, I am the naughty one in the family. But I was not born naughty. It's the circumstances that made me like this. And maybe friends who knew how to have fun. I wouldn't have known the fun of block-catching if I hadn't lied about having extra classes in Primary School. I wouldn't have had so much fun running out of that darned Malay class and playing on the roof. Little stuff like this. To do things I want to do. Of course, I know my limits. My brother, you can forget it. He is content to be in front of the computer. But separate him and it, he will be like me. I want my life.
Oh, if you are reading this, stop assuming for the worst. It makes life full of worry and no one ever feels happy. And stop assuming what I'm thinking. It's usually way off. And don't assume that all my friends are evil creatures out to turn me into a monster, just because they stay out late. It's absurd.
Btw, I'm probably going to do stuff without your knowledge again. Think about it. If not now, when?